RE: Re: [Project] Management console half built

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: [Project] Management console half built
  • From: "Broadfoot, Kieran J" <Kieran.Broadfoot@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 09:17:43 +0100

Its terrible but they made me do some work over the last couple of days so
havent had much chance to say anything (which isnt always a bad thing).

I am not sure this is a good idea but I dont have a problem per se.  It
seems to me that we could end up spending as much time trying to make
misterhouse do what we need as we would should we decide to re-write from
scratch.  I was noticing that some of us had put our profiles online on
sourceforge, and we have a few XML gurus out there.  Who thinks we should
start the functional spec and try and get a prototype console system built
in the short term?  It might not be fully functional but at least would
allow the hardware jockeys to start building their devices.

I actually think a web gui is the way forward because its nice and
extensible.

Anyone want to have a go at some of this with me and if so how should we go
about it?  If we are all fairly close then I am happy to do a london meet
sometime soon to thrash out a few ideas.

thanks
kieran