Re: Re: The project, habuy, sourcefordge, ukha

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: The project, habuy, sourcefordge, ukha
  • From: "Andy Powell" <Andy@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 12:31:11 +0200

John,

I did some tests on my mdaemon a little while ago (when it was still
egroup=
s) I subscribed to egroups with another  mdaemon accout which forwarded it
=
to an mdaemon list to which I subscribed locally (( i know its an odd
idea)=
it all worked with no problems...=20

... last night whilst dozing off I had an idea for a project.... it was
lat=
e and you know how good things seem when you're half asleep so I thought
I'=
d run it by you lot to see if I was actually mad or it was a good idea....

You'll probably guess that the idea was triggered by my new foound
interest=
in Basic Stamps....=20

IREDS -  Infa Red Ethernet Distribution System (for want of a better name)=
=20

Brief ideas=20
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Receiver =3D Emitter unit

Each receiver has an IP address which means that Zoneing would be simply a
=
matter of sending the ir data to a specific group of ip adresses. Of
course=
you would actually know what piece of kit had what ir emmiter.. eg Sony CD=
Player, ip address 10.21.1.3  so you could target the specific device rath=
er that sending the same IR data to all emitters.

Each zone would only require 1 CAT5 connection to the main box (either a
PC=
or standalone unit) because you could just install a hub or switch locally=
to increase ports

PC interface in the main box to allow it to send commands to zones=20

Main box could use internal storage ( see http://www.milinst.com/megastor.h=
tm ) for learnt IR commands

What do you think... I haven't sat down and written any notes (this is the
=
first thing I've done with it)

A.

On 20/05/01 at 08:27 Dr John Tankard wrote:

>> > Good idea or what ?
>>=20
>> Yeah, sounds good, lets give this a go. Are there any rules in=20
>Outlook that=20
>> allow you to send the mail on with the origional header content?
ie=20
>that=20
>> doesn't loose the origional posters name? My old mail client on=20
>Linux used=20
>> to, but I don't see the same function in my new one :-(
>
>I will get the mdaemon out and find out. How does the read only
lists=20
>work on sourcefordge ? For this to work mademon will have to be able=20
>to post via email rather than on the web interface ?
>
>Can you set me up to access a admin post only list and i will test
it=20
>this afternoon.
>
>John
>

>=20

--- Tag-it! v2.0 (c) Andy Powell ,1998,1999,2000...and beyond..

Brain Cells:  E -=DB--+----+----+---- F

=20