RE: Re: Internet Problems (was KAT 5)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Internet Problems (was KAT 5)
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 11:31:18 +0100

If you remember, my original post said I didnt know who was to blame but
BTI
was the first listed option.

My email problem is DEFINATELY a problem with BTI.

Over the weekend I have been getting mail, both private and Yahoo lists,
which is SERIOUSLY delayed. When it finally arrived, Outlook tells me it
was
received several hours earlier which it probably was, but the BTI servers
were not placing it in my mailboxes.

I have numerous BTInternet email accounts and as outlook checks them you
can
see different accounts failing. Try again and they work but differnet ones
fail.

The KAT5 email referred to was sent to DIYHA not BTInternet but I couldnt
retrieve it because I couldnt reach the server :-(

I dont believe all the problems were due to BTInternet because I tried
different dialups using Freeserve and Freenetname and there were
connectivity failures there too. I think something on the main Internet
backbones has been severly knackered, or there is just too much traffic for
the current infrastructure. Some sites were perfectly reachable,
others....not a hope.

Keith