RE: Electronics help with IR TX-RX

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Electronics help with IR TX-RX
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 21:53:16 +0100

I have the Zener diode and resistor combination in place and that works
fine, what seems to be the problem is that the signal generated by this
(0.5V drop) is not interpreted properly by the transmitter unit when the
high voltage is applied. As I said the receiver bit seems to work OK (I can
see the voltage drop on the signal wire) but the signal does give rise to a
corresponding flashing of the LED (and IR LED) on the transmitter unit if
the higher voltage is involved.

Graham