Re: closed purchasing group list idea

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: closed purchasing group list idea
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 11:10:26 +0100 (BST)

> As you rightly point out automedhome.co.uk is hosted FREE due to the
> generosity of Kwong Li from Laser Business Systems (www.laser.com).
> However, I wouldn't like to impose further on Li's kindness.  Would
people
> use forums if they were faster?

I would be happy to host the facility on our servers. We have a combined
bandwidth of 16Mb with a monthly traffic of 40GB. Taking on the list
shouldn't make our servers sweat too much.

We are a Linux shop running Postfix, Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL and PHP.
Other facilities may be added if required. There are plenty of PHP/MySQL
based mailing lists that are freely available. If someone would take on
the task of implementing it, I am happy to host it. This is assuming Mark
is happy with the idea of a replacement list that is.

BTW, thanks for the compliments! I was beginning to believe them until my
wife bashed me on the head and woke me up. Oh well...

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx
Laser Business Systems Ltd.