Re: X10 not really OT but sort of maybe

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: X10 not really OT but sort of maybe
  • From: andy.powell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:33:06 +0200

Plug the fog machine into and X10 Filter - that should get rid of any
noise that it may be creating on the powerline.

A.

rj@xxxxxxx
26/03/2001 01:00
Please respond to ukha_d

To:     ukha_d@xxxxxxx
cc:
Subject:        [ukha_d] X10 not really OT but sort of maybe

I tried using some of my x10 gear to control some lighting etc at a dance
party I DJ'd in the weekend, it all worked extremely well with little
problems (I was even running a 2700watt strobe light on the same circuit
(not automated) as some of the x10 gear without interference. my only
problem was that every time I used the fog machine I will loose all
control
over the x10 gear until I reset the RF plugin module (not sure of the
model
but it came with my active home kit years ago, has a aerial and plug) the
fog machine is nothing special just basically a heater unit and pump. I
had
no problems when the fog machine was heating but just when the pump was
running.  The fog machine was plugged into a separate plug no where near
any
of the x10 gear. is there anything or anyway I can isolate this so that it
doesn't interfere with the x10, using x10 for this sort of thing is about
10
fold cheaper than any of the specific designed DJ lighting controllers and
opens up thousands of possibilities using macros etc.

any advise appreciated.

regards and thanks.

- Ryan Judd