RE: Just FYI: UK TiVo

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Just FYI: UK TiVo
  • From: "Kaye, Mark" <mark.kaye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:28:25 -0000

Title: RE: [ukha_d] Just FYI: UK TiVo

Anyone interested in TiVo should also be looking at ShowShifter at www.showshifter.com!  It should fit into a serious HA setup quite easily - especially where a node 0 implementation is being used.  Finally, it's cheap (excluding the hardware which you probably have some of already).

Integrated with DigiGuide 5 (which is in Beta) it will allow you to set the recorder over the web just by right clicking a programme in digiguide and choosing the appropriate menu selection.  There's some really cool stuff happening in the PVR market right now.

Ta,

> From: Kenneth Watt [mailto:kennethwatt@xxxxxxx]
>
> I suppose I'm a lucky bugger, I have Sky and ON Digital so
> once the Pace is
> available I will probably raid the piggy bank again I really
> am serious
> about my home entertainment stuff, that's how I got into the
> automation :o)
>
> TiVo is a brilliant idea, yes it needs refinement but it is
> the way it's
> going the days of the VCR are severely numbered. I mean, I
> hardly use my VCR
> now at all except for recording stuff for friends and the odd program
> clashes where I needed two videos anyway. I don't watch a lot
> of TV but what
> I do watch on Sky One always seems to clash with other stuff
> I want to watch
> on other channels, the beauty of TiVo is that it picks up and
> records the
> re-showings of a lot of stuff like ER that is shown later on
> the same day or
> next that us mere humans usually forget about!
>
> Anyway in this forum everybody should be past that notion of
> *manually*
> recording anything when you don't have to! :o)
>
> Now I must figure out how to get an automated vodka & coke
> dispenser, oh
> that's right - the other half does that!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
[]