RE: Just FYI: UK TiVo

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Just FYI: UK TiVo
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennethwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:31:22 -0800

I suppose I'm a lucky bugger, I have Sky and ON Digital so once the Pace is
available I will probably raid the piggy bank again I really am serious
about my home entertainment stuff, that's how I got into the automation :o)

TiVo is a brilliant idea, yes it needs refinement but it is the way it's
going the days of the VCR are severely numbered. I mean, I hardly use my
VCR
now at all except for recording stuff for friends and the odd program
clashes where I needed two videos anyway. I don't watch a lot of TV but
what
I do watch on Sky One always seems to clash with other stuff I want to
watch
on other channels, the beauty of TiVo is that it picks up and records the
re-showings of a lot of stuff like ER that is shown later on the same day
or
next that us mere humans usually forget about!

Anyway in this forum everybody should be past that notion of *manually*
recording anything when you don't have to! :o)

Now I must figure out how to get an automated vodka & coke dispenser,
oh
that's right - the other half does that!