RE: My UN-automated Home :-(

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: My UN-automated Home :-(
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:15:03 -0000

What sort of batteries are they?

With the right sort of charger you can recover Sealed Lead Acid batteries
(which is what most burglar alarms use) from a deep discharge. I use one
for
the electric starter for my model helicopter, and I do have the right
charger. I'd be happy to recharge them for you, but the cost of the postage
would be crippling, and it would take around 3 days to do.

Tim.

IS
> > ESSENTIAL.
> > You cannot simple connect the generator to your mains supply
> > for a number of
> > reasons.
> >
> > 1. Your self generated electricity will feed out of the house.
> > At best - you will light up your neighbours houses.
> > Slightly worse - your generator will be overloaded and
> > possibly blow up.
> > Worst Case - YOU WILL KILL THE ELECTRICITY BOARD ENGINEER WHO
> > IS TRYING TO
> > RESTORE POWER
> >
> > 2. There will be an enormous bang and lots of smoke from your
> > generator when
> > the mains is restored.
> >
> > PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR IF YOU WANT
> > A GENERATOR
> > HOOKUP.
> >
> > Sorry for the shouting but this is Life Threatening stuff and
> > should not be
> > taken lightly.
> >
> > Even BT dont try to run everything in a building despite
> > having huge engine
> > sets in the power rooms. Stuff like electric heating and cooking
is
> > disabled. Some of the lights are also not operational. If you
> > have gas or
> > oil central heating you only need a small amount of
> > electricity to drive the
> > boiler and pump etc.
> >
> > If you want to run EVERYTHING you are talking serious money
> > in the 10K+
> > range. Even Autostart does not come cheap as you not only
> > have to start the
> > generator, you also have to have contactor controlled changeover
and
> > restoration of power.
> >
> > Be safe
> >
> > Keith