RE: Split aircon unit, info required

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Split aircon unit, info required
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 19:07:19 +0100

> * instructions on how to disconnect the external unit are incorrect
(pipes
> are reversed).

Doesn't suprise me ... I work in the software and documentation translation
industry and we have seen some real howlers out there!

> * there was a small dribble of fluid that escaped as I unbolted the
unit
> (very small amount).

Only to be expected ... this is why you shouldn't disconnect the hoses
often. Not only does coolant escape but air gets in to the system which
reduces its efficiency.

> * the manufacture date of the unit is 98/3... but I guess they have a
long
> shelf life?

*grin* Don't know but mine is working well and I think it's a 98 mfg date
too.

Phil