RE: DDAR and continuous source audio

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: DDAR and continuous source audio
  • From: "Broadfoot, Kieran J" <Kieran.Broadfoot@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 14:23:31 +0100

A bit more info after speaking with one of the developers of the DDAR a
while back.  A later release of firmware will support mp3 streams and this
should be out later in the year, although there is no specific date as yet.
This is not radio or the like but a bit stream of mp3s as per most internet
radio stations.  If you have a linux box you could consider using something
called icecast to produce the desired result although I am guessing you
could stream any internet radio station onto it if you have 24*7 adsl/isdn

I am sure there are windows versions of this software (maybe even winamp
doesnt something similar) but as most of you know thats not my field of
expertise ;-)

Laters
Kieran