RE: MAPLIN (Was Re: 8-way "LetsAutomate" Loftbox - rack mountable?)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: MAPLIN (Was Re: 8-way "LetsAutomate" Loftbox - rack mountable?)
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 21:05:47 +0100

Remember the "Demise Of Maplin" thread I started last year. My
predictions
are coming true. They ARE turning into Tandy. pretty soon they will be no
more :-(

Ian Bird emailed me yesterday to tell me that they had stopped stocking the
transistors he was using for the IR repeater.

They are run by idiots who have turned what was the UK's BEST Electronic
Component Retailer for Hobbyists and small business into possibly the worst
:-(

I am no longer using Maplin after spending a fortune over 22 years. Not
primarily because I dont want to use them, but because I cant. They stopped
selling all the things I want to buy.

Keith