Re: [Development] Lights, using two micros.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [Development] Lights, using two micros.
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 15:37:55 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark McCall" <mark@a...> wrote:
> What about retro-fitting something like this John?
>
> The problem that people have with DIN rail modules at the moment is
their
> wiring can't easily be changed to work with them.
>
> Will this be the same with this design?

If they have standard wiring which is not home run then this is not
for them, unless they can get to the live terminal.

If they have DIN rail then they could easly switch to this system.

I think most people who are into HA except that they will have to do
home run to get the best system.

It might be possible to put the dimmer pack in the wall switch but
you would still have to run cat5 to the controler, and if you were
going to do that it would be better to switch back to home run anyway.

In many cases we are talking about ust the power to the lamp being
home run, the switch could be relocated. In my lounge there are no
light switches. Homevision and Pronto provide all the control we need.

John