Suitable Switch Plates for Home Auto(Was Foundations are in! )

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Suitable Switch Plates for Home Auto(Was Foundations are in! )
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel.giddings@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 15:44:03 +0100

I have seen the Clipsal range of switches (pictures only) and they look
very
adaptable but I was looking for something less plastic looking and which
would deal with both switch and socket requirements.

I have come across a product manufactured by RPP in the UK and distributed
by CEF (City Electrical Factors) sorry no URLs....

They provide a system based on standard UK back boxes, singles, doubles and
bigger which allow the mix and matching of 220v and Data / RF connections.

I have scanned a couple of pictures from their catalogue and posted them
here

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/nigelgiddings

I like the idea of having a standard brass surround for both the sockets
and
switch locations. They have a plastic surround for areas that won't be
seen.

They cater for most requirements, normal switches 16A 1 way, 2 way and
intermediate. Half and full width (based on a single back box)

They also provide Retractive (Push ?) switches in the same style / sizes as
well as fuse holders and neon indicators in half sizes.

They provide standard UK unswitched 13A sockets, Schuko and other European
standards (the Two pin 16A Universal (Half Module) looks very useful). And
non standard UK style sockets (Round Earth pin with Square Live and
Neutral)
for UPS type applications.

As importantly they can supply RJ45, TV Co-Ax, BNC and 9, 15, 25 way D-Type
modules, even the old IBM Type 1 Connector....

This looks like a great system with great flexibility.

I hope to order a few samples in the week to try them out before I go and
order enough for the whole house.

Anyone else seen them or have any comments ?

Nigel