Re: IDE Cables.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: IDE Cables.
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 15:49:39 +0100

Phil,

As you no doubt know, the standard length for IDE cables is 18" (45cm)
which
is the maximum length permitted by the IDE standard.

However, Scan now do 90cm ATA100 cables, which are also round cables rather
than flat ribbon cables. (easier to route round a case & keep tidy....)
Furthermore, they are a rather fetching shade of yellow to boot!

They are occasionally on "Today only" for a paltry £7.50, so I
expect the
"normal" price to be about £8-£9

I have bought one of these, but I haven't used it yet, so I can't state for
sure that 90cm length works OK, - but I presume that the longer length must
be permitted by the newer ATA standards, otherwise, I can't see them
selling
them!!

Paul G.

>In the good old days I would have brewed up cables to suit but with
ATA100