RE: Re: OT: In Car MP3

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: OT: In Car MP3
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 02:27:12 +0100

very
> clean. No
> noticeable compression and notes used to start and stop as they
should.
> Basically cars are horrible environments for getting good sound out of
and
> most of the work is combatting the deadening of the huge amounts
> of padding
> and the reflections from the glass - having large amounts of power at
your
> disposal does make this far easier as you can afford to lose some.
>
> My amps rarely used to produce more than 10% of their rated outputs in
use
> but without that headroom available it jst sounded flat and
lifeless...

> Phil

That sort of makes more sense. I'm really looking forward to getting my new
car with the factory fitted Harmon Kardon speaker system. I've heard one,
and while it doesn't come int  the nutter range for 650 quid it is pretty
good value. It does have a facility which increases volume with road noise
-
really useful in a convertible. I just wish the head units they factory fit
int  BMWs were capable of controlling mp3 jukeboxes:(

Tim.