Re: Re: Freenetname

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: Freenetname
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:54:18 +0100

OK, I just dug out the letter, and the EXACT wording is as follows:

<SNIP>

Offer 1 - A one-off chance t  transfer your domain to an alternative ISP
for
a reduced administration fee of £30 (usually £94)

Offer 2 - For an annual fee of £20 we will host your domain and ensure that
it continues to be registered t  you. For this annual charge of £20 we will
continue t  host your domain on our servers. When your domain name is due
for renewal with Nominet we will pay the renewal fee to ensure it remains
yours. you will not be able to access or use freenetname's services
(including amil and webspace), but you will be able to transfer the domain
t  another ISP when you choose (for a fee of £40)

Offer 3 - For a one off administration fee of £94 we will reactivate your
domain name and freenetname account.

</SNIP>

So actually, none of the deals are particularly appealing, and they can
stuff it! (I'm not particularly attached t  that domain name...) Plus the
letter also states that the offers were only valid until 10th July, upon
which date my freenetname account will be permanently cancelled.

Paul G.