Re: OT: In Car MP3

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT: In Car MP3
  • From: geraint@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 20:59:48 -0000

By messing about,,,,i refer to not getting the product t  the market=20
as promised.
I was on the original purchase list and desperately wanted one....but=20
they kept delaying and delaying.

The main problem was that empeg was a startup company, and now being=20
owned by Rio can only help, but i do beleive they missed the market=20
oppurtunity, and many people have started building in pc's int  the=20
car with options like streetmate etc....and for a lot less.

don't get me wrong,,,empeg is fantastic, and i would love t  have=20
bought one,,,,but it suffered from the lack of backwards=20
compatibility...i.e "normal" cd etc,,,,

I do beleive that within a couple of years, this will be the way=20
forward by all the other manufacturers,,such as Alpine, Sony, Clarion=20
etc,,,and that combined with tft screens and sat nav is an awesome=20
prospect.....

But don't forget the key thing is....does the empeg cost sub =A3250 ?

I rest my case me lord....

and i am only joking there,,,,its different strokes and all that...
you'd think as i run 5 ddar's around the house the empeg would be=20
more suited,,,,but not quite yet.

regards
geraint.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark Kaye" <mark@m...> wrote:
> [...]
are=20
now=20
> > owned by Rio....still a good system, but quite an expensive=20
> > investment, whereas the Kenwood allows the MP3's, but works
just=20
as=20