RE: Temperature logger

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Temperature logger
  • From: "John Hill" <jhill1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:43:21 +0100

Title: RE: [ukha_d] Temperature logger

Paul,
Try the following
http://209.186.14.81/Temp05/HS_SETUP.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Gordon [mailto:paul_gordon@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 July 2001 21:39
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Temperature logger

I received my temperature logger from Quasar Electronics t day,
(www.quasarelectronics.com) - Kit # 145

Once again I got the assembled version t save time, even though it's a bit
dearer. (it's still only £30 though).

Looks like a very well made kit - nice clean soldering! - much better than I
could have done!

I just soldered one of the DS1820's t it t test, and it works a beaut!

sample frequency is 1 per second, and the response is really quick! - if I
grip the DS1820 between my fingers, the reading goes up from ambient room
temp (about 20C) to about 31C in about a dozen samples (or 12 seconds), and
back down again at the same rate when I let go.

this is way cool! - now I just have to get it working with Homeseer. - I
know there is a script knocking about for these, - it was menioned here last
week, but I've forgotten where/when I saw it. Anyone care to refresh my
memory?

Also, I want t put one of the DS1820's outside the house somewhere to get
the outside temperature, anyone got any recommendations on where best t
site it (i.e. sun or shade, sheltered or exposed, enclosed or open, etc.)
and how best t protect the little beastie from the elements...

Cheers.

Paul G.

(and Mark, - yes I will write a review in a short while when I've played
with it a bit more...)