Re: Non-Comfort Alarms

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Non-Comfort Alarms
  • From: patrickl@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 12:09:26 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark Pollock" <pollocmc@t...> wrote:
> Has anyone got any experience of interfacing with Alarm Systems
other
> than comfort ones? I have a Scantronic 9800+ (which I installed
myself
> before catching the HA bug) It's got a serial printer connection
but
> unfortunately appears only t  log alarm events i.e. PIR activation
> when alarm is set. I'd hoped t  log all PIR events and write
something
> t  process them.

I faced a similar problem at my last house. I ended up wiring each
alarm panel zone in parallel with a digital input port on my PC - so
both the PC and the alarm panel could detect state independently.
Some may consider this to  intrusive/a security risk - it happened to
satisfy my requirements exactly.

Patrick