RE: Non-Comfort Alarms

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Non-Comfort Alarms
  • From: "James Hoye" <james.hoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 12:51:23 +0100

> t  process them. That way I can use my existing equipment. There are
> "digital communicators" available for this alarm . Are these
what
> relay details t  monitoring companies. If so, does anyone know if

A digicom sends stuff t  the remote monitoring station via a phone line.
There may be up t  7 channels, with each channel being configured for a
certain event.  The usual scheme (I'm told) is:

#1 Fire
#2 Hold up/PA
#3 Intruder
#4 Open/close

Where you attach a digicom t  the main board there should be some pins
which
will be the input channels.  In the panel config. you should be able to
program what channel is assigned to which event.  These pins are probably
CMOS logic hi/low - a multimeter or logic probe may reveal more.  I suspect
you could hook into these - but your limitation is probably going to be the
panel software - if you can't assign a detector triggered event based on a
zone then you're stuck.

James H