Re: Re: Sky+ Press Release and Info

Kieth,

The problem of loosing REAL time channels is only the same as it is now
when
playing back from a DVD or VCR.

I suppose it would be possible with the appropriate software that when
playing
back the programmes on disk the box could als  be saving to disk in that
same way
it does when in pause mode.  there by time shifting everthing ??

We used to do a similar thing with a Local Advert insertion system we
developed at a
for Cable TV systems.  Most systems used RAID 5 arrays but some of the
smaller
cheaper systems used single disks and performed read/writes at the same
time.
The drive heads used to make some horrible noises be we never had a
failure.

Being of a  rather sceptical nature I am pretty sure that the system will
only storing the
encrypted stream to disk !!

Clive