Re: Inductive Load Dimming

Did you try one of those natty plug-in filter units? I imagine they would probably do the trick (though I would guess that moving the CM12 a couple of inches probably costs less).
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 8:07 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Inductive Load Dimming

----- Original Message -----
From: Phil Harris <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 11:44 AM

> Now ... if anyone wants to talk about switch mode PSUs from PCs frigging
up
> X10 transmissions then I can vouch for that! If I plug my TW7223 into the
> same set of sockets that power my PCs / monitor / scanners / network
switch
> / keyboard switch / HomeVision / desk lamp / etc. then half my house is
X10
> "blind", however plugging it into the socket which is electrically
adjacent
> to it on the ring main seems to reach the whole house no problem!
>
> *sigh*

Hmm.  Sounds like that might be my problem.  I've run my CM12 to another
ring main to avoid 'blindness' when plugged into the same outlet as my PC
equipment.  I didn't try another outlet.  I'll be off to change try that
shortly!  What does the term 'Switch Mode' mean, does it apply to all PC
PSU's?

> Phil

Nick