RE: Multiple Video cameras..

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Multiple Video cameras..
  • From: "Doogie Brodie" <doogiebrodie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:02:48 -0000

> Those of you who have video cameras installed... how do you
> connect more
> than one up? do you use a capture card per camera? (Sounds
> expensive). I
> had an idea that you could use RF modulators and then use
> something like a

I've been looking for exactly the same sort of info for my MD so he can
stream CCTV from his 2 houses for security porpoises. So far, the best bet
seems to be a Comfort with a relay board. I'm still investigating this but
AFAIK it will give PIR triggered auto switching plus manually selected
switching.

As for looking at more than one camera at the same time........ erm.... I
think you're looking at one of those security system ones which takes all
the inputs and squirts them out as one stream with 4 seperate image squares
or similar.

HTH