RE: automated sky lights?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: automated sky lights?
  • From: james.2.winspear@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:18:46 +0100

> Oh well in at the deep end, has anyone got any info on automating sky
> lights
> in conservatories that use a rotating screw method to open/close?
>
> Boiler automation, good/bad/ugly?
>
> Scenario, one house, one HA PC, in ceiling speakers. I want say, MP3
to be
> played through say the dining room, and radio to be played in the
bedroom?
> Any ideas on kit etc? One sound card per room ? Some kind of IR
switchable
> mixer?
>
> Should I put CAT5 into light sockets? If so, what could it be used
for?

Don't some conservatories have self-automated (thermostat-like)
control of opening sky-lights ?

Boiler automation - I've left boiler automation to a specific
system, designed precisely for the job (I've installed a DCD controller,
which has weather compensation, pump runs etc).  That way, I can play with
my HA setup without any comeback.

If you're doing a new-build, I would definitely recommend some
careful thought into a Node 0 (understairs cupboard in my case), with lots
of room, where all lights/sockets etc are all terminated back to (star-like
scenario); light switches also should be terminated back here, so
non-automated lights can be simply connected, but automated or future
changes can allow different control.

I re-built/re-wired my house recently (ongoing), and put in a
single-gang, 4 output socket to most rooms (often in several locations in
each room). [2 RJ45, 2 coax sockets]

Hope this helps

James