automated sky lights?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: automated sky lights?
  • From: "Julian Samphire" <tricky_item@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 02:22:21 +0100

Hi,

Well, now that I've "de-lurked", I've been around for a few
weeks, reading
and digesting, its nice to see such a helpful bunch out there.

Just a little about myself. I'm putting together a spec to give to the
housing company that is building my new house...

Oh well in at the deep end, has anyone got any info on automating sky
lights
in conservatories that use a rotating screw method to open/close?

Boiler automation, good/bad/ugly?

Scenario, one house, one HA PC, in ceiling speakers. I want say, MP3 to be
played through say the dining room, and radio to be played in the bedroom?
Any ideas on kit etc? One sound card per room ? Some kind of IR switchable
mixer?

Should I put CAT5 into light sockets? If so, what could it be used for?

Thanks in advance,

Jules