RE: (ukha_d) OTish: basic network question

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: (ukha_d) OTish: basic network question
  • From: peter.white@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:48:26 +0000

Jeez guys - too much help all at once! :-)

To answer the various questions:

It's W2k pro, not server.
NetWare is installed and used for company network access, but not all
company
PC's have this, so I guess I'm 'lucky'.  Either way, yes, TCP/IP is used
and is
assigned by the DHCP server.

Re: the point below, NetBEUI is already installed on the laptop due to my
IT
support guys not being able to get the network carding working without it.
It's
not used anywhere though.  Sound like an interesting option though - the
less
faff (and extra apps) the better, but unfortunately I don't have a clue how
do this!

>From the laptop network props, the following are installed:

Client for MS networks
Novell netware client
Dial up
ICS (this was me fiddling around)
Protable addons portable cardbus adpator (twice - don't ask)

Protocols:

ICS
IPX
IPX/SPX