RE: IR Extender... Revisited!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: IR Extender... Revisited!
  • From: "Ian B" <Ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:03:30 +0100

Sounds reasonable on the face of it. RS do receivers and transmitters
compatible with IRDA 1.1. The only thing not 'very' clear is the output
from
the remote and hence the receiver. It said  the receiver output was
compatible with an IC running an IRDA compatible demodulator. This is the
bit I would have to look seriously into. To read for yourself goto
www.rswww.com and search using IRDA. I think getting the remote and a scope
together would be the way forward there. I can also see some flat remote
batteries if I have anything to do with it. If I am to incorporate this
into
the 'SmartIR' devices I am building we will have to move reasonably
quickly.
I would also have to delegate some of the legwork so volunteers are wanted.
Legwork is finding out how the signal is composed and how to recreate it so
come on guys, running shoes on, lets go.

I will get a receiver and maybe a transmitter in the near future and have a
play. At the end of the day we don't care what is transmitted, just how it
is fired out of the emitter.

Ian

ideas, I will