How reliable is comfort

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: How reliable is comfort
  • From: "steve" <steve@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 18:45:31 +0100

Hi,

Following on from Phil's recent long reply and a comment of Dan's on the comfort list refering to duplication of manual systems and HA (Door bell's).

Up to now my HA kit has handled the heating of my home and my flats next door. PC based and no big deal when it crashed. I am now moving on with addition of comfort & have on order a SEP01 and a LEM01. I have been busy constructing 4 x 4 relay boards for mains control.

It is my intention to control lighting on a stair case (2 flights, 3 landings) and kitchen and bathroom having no manual control just comfort. The staircase is covered by 3 maintained emergency lights and although only 8w we never actually use the existing lights. So no great danger of failure here.

I have removed the ify element of X10 by using the relays. (i have an x10 dusk/dawn light that works fine for weeks then despite being told its command every 5 mins can look a though it has failed. Then as if by magic next days its fine). So back to my question. Having had one comfort failure generally how reliable is comfort ?

Steve.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor