Re: Re: LD module mounting

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: LD module mounting
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 13:42:40 +0100

Thanks, this looks good.

A question though...

All the consumer units are a certain size quoted in the number of MCB's
acommodated. - I.E.  there is a 12-way which will acommodate up to 10 MCB's
(I presume 2 ways are always taken up by the master switch then?)

Now, are these MCB's a standard size? and if so, how does that relate to
the
size of an X10 DIN module?

>From what I can see, it looks rather like a common MCB is half the
width of
a DIN module, so on that basis, I would guess I need at least an
"8-way"
unit in order to house 4 DIN modules?...

But what about the (allegedly) required gap between the modules? - how much
should be left?

Should I order a 12-way consumer unit, which by my guestimate should
acommodate 4 DIN modules (8 "ways" taken), with 2
"ways" left which equates
to (more or less) 1/2 a "way" of space between them...

Am I making sense?

Thanks for any info...

Paul G.

<paul_gordon@h...> wrote:
> > > Chaps, following the extensive refurbishment of my master
>bedroom,
> > I have a
> > > need to house several LD modules in the loft..
> > >
> > > There will be 3 x LD11's plus 1 x AD10
> > >
> > > I've looked at the enclosures on Letsautomate, - there are a
>couple
> > of small
> > > ones which are only suitable for 1 or 2 modules, (not
suitable
> > then), so I
> > > guess I need a full-size consumer unit to mount them in.
> > >
> > > My question is this: is *any* standard consumer unit
suitable? -