Re: Wiring idea

Mick,

We have had on test for a number of months an A/V hub that has been
tailored for the marketplace and is now in production. This hub is
now a standard part of the  IP Homenet wiring system. Our web site is
currently being updated to reflect the change of our system from CT100
Co-Ax to a complete Cat 5e system.I am aware of the work that Keith is
doing on his KAT5 project and please do not think that I am trying to
railroad in any way. I was merely answering Ewen's initial e-mail.

Frank

Mick Furlong wrote:

> Frank
>
> do you actually have a specific AV Hub in mind?
>
> The nearest I have seen to this is at this link
> http://www.controlanything.com/html/asel.htm
which allows 8 input to 2
> output stereo or 16 to 2 mono signals to be switched.It doesn't really
> allow any to any connectivity or switching.
>
> Mick
>
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:00:40 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >In a word, Yes. You only need 1 Cable medium. The termination of
the Cat 5e at all points is a universal RJ45 Outlet.

> >Communication from The A/V Hub to the TV is via RJ45 to RJ45 at
the Patch Panel and an RJ45 flylead from the Cat 5e outlet to the Scart
> >socket of the TV with a remote control reciever (Sky type mouse)
to send the signals back to a decoder or any other device which you may
> >have at Node 0.
> >
> >Frank
> >
> >Roger Bilboul wrote:
> >
> >> Does this means you can use Cat 5 instead of CT100. How do
you terminate the
> >> Cat 5 at the TV end?
> >>
> >> Roger

Cat 5e