RE: BT ISDN + BT Anytime

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: BT ISDN + BT Anytime
  • From: "Kaye, Mark" <mark.kaye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:33:49 +0100

Title: RE: [ukha_d] BT ISDN + BT Anytime

Some of the fractions are certainly as a direct result of Oftel involvement.  I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I am saying that when people look at services provided by BT they assume that all BT depts. are free to communicate and co-operate.  This is simply not true.  Also, compared to the alternatives, BT customer service is fantastic.  It's easy to criticise when you have no visibility of the competitors, I have lived in two cable areas now and the cust. service from both companies has fallen far far short of that provided by BT.

> It's also not Oftel's fault that they don't offer an ISP
> along with HH,
> it's laid down in law and is a damn good thing.

Exactly my point, that's what regulatory legislation is!

> Personally, the sooner BT is fractured into divisions, none of which
> are big enough to seize a monopoly, and their acquisition into larger
> groups is prevented by legisation, the better!

Oftel have not forced BT to provide services such as ADSL.  Without some considerable will from BT we wouldn't have it in this country at all.  Granted, it took them too long, but at least they're doing it.  Local loop unbundling is not here and it is increasingly becoming clear that there aren't actually many companies interested in co-locating in local exchanges.  Those that do want to do so are only interested in cherry-picking the exchanges they feel will yield the most profit.  BT on the other hand are committed to the longer term.

Finally, I most certainly am not a fan of BT but I do think that they are doing things fairly resonably at the moment.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Enter Business Search Term above