RE: BT ISDN + BT Anytime

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: BT ISDN + BT Anytime
  • From: Ian Lowe <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 02:03:35 -0700 (PDT)

--- Phil Harris <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> ...the guy that was installing my HH kit the other week claimed that
> BT could be rolling out ADSL far quicker however according to an
> offtel ruling they have to basically set aside a percentage of space
> for the other service providers to be able to install their
> equipment. They're not allowed to encroach on that space until
> October this year (to allow a fair time for the other providers to
> install services) before they can buy back their own space from
> themselves (!?!?!) and install their own kit.

He actually said that? what a pile! So, BT are busy telling everyone
who wants to get involved in Local Loop Unbundling that there is no
space in the exchanges, whilst they are telling their own guys that
they can't install ADSL because the space is being reserved for others?

Time for an Infrastructure/Services split in BT I think.... :)

Ian.

=====
>+++
Ian R Lowe. Director, Wintermute Consultancy Ltd.
e-mail: ian@xxxxxxx
Onward and Upward! Towards Ascension!