Re: OT: DNS Experts out there?

Hello andy,

aplc> Sorry folks I appear to be more OT than OT these days....

aplc> Are there any DNS savvy bods out there that can cast their eyes
over this
aplc> and tell me if its a valid DNS entry....

aplc> Notes:

aplc> 1. The IP addresses have been changed to protect the innocent.
aplc> 2. mail, camera and www are all physically the same machine called
aplc> (SERVER1) at the moment.

aplc> ---- DNS stuff ---

aplc> automated.it.           IN      NS ns1.somepublicdnsserver.com.
aplc> automated.it.           IN      NS ns2.somepublicdnsserver.com.

aplc> 192.168.0.1.            IN      PTR             automated.it.

aplc> automated.it.           IN      A               192.168.0.1

aplc> www.automated.it.       IN      CNAME   automated.it.
aplc> mail.automated.it.      IN      CNAME   automated.it.
aplc> camera.automated.it.    IN      CNAME   automated.it.

aplc> mail.automated.it.      IN      MX      1       mail.automated.it.

aplc> (It was all lined up when I started - honest it was )

aplc> A.

Shouldn't the mx record be "automated.it.      IN      MX      1
mail.automated.it." ?

--
Best regards,

Vince

This message has been checked for all known viruses, by Star Internet,
delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
For further information visit:
http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp