Re: IR filter material

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: IR filter material
  • From: Nigel Orr <Nigel.Orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:02:57 +0100

At 13:33 26/09/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Nigel's circuit (or something very close) was shown in an electronics
>encyclopaedia

There can only be about 3 variations of 555-timer-based astable
multivibrators, I'd expect it to be similar, though they probably
remembered to connect up the power supply on the schematic, which would
help... :-)

>, and they suggested the following to provide a filter for IR
>in general:

Apparently some black insulating tapes make a good IR filter.  If you have
a CCTV camera or camcorder, they are usually sensitive to IR, so you can
test the effectiveness of various filters easily.

Nigel

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application
2. Get rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR with NO annual fee!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9335/9/_/2065/_/969976920/