RE: Live 2000 review

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Live 2000 review
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 23:26:43 BST

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application
2. Get rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR with NO annual fee!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9333/9/_/2065/_/969661605/

Sounds like this years is a bit of a naff one then..

Thanks for the warning chaps - perhaps I'll save myself the £12 admission,
and better spend my time tomorrow fitting my new colour door-cam
instead?...

>The only "Live" event I have been to was Live '95 and I was
expecting all

I've been to most of them since about 1993, - it seems to me that every now
and then, they have a very good show (Honest, I have been to a couple of
live shows that were excellent - CEDIA were at one...), and every now and
then they have an exceptionally crap one - I remember one year the show was
so crap that I refused to go the following year... (that might have been
'95...)

>I usually visit PLASA (Professional Light and Sound Association) at
Earls
>Court at the beginning of September but was unable to go this year.
Thats
>where the big boys toys are.
>
>JVC-Hughes LightValve projectors giving a 100Hz image 40ft x 24 ft @
>£125,000
>
>Amplifiers rated at a measley 3kW per channel. Rack Mount Only 1U high
but
>about 3 feet deep!
>
>Dimmer packs rated at 40A per channel.

Is this a trade only show Keith? - I've never heard of it before - it isn't
advertised to the public is it?

Cheers.

Paul G.

(the drunk one..)