RE: Idea for Poll

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Idea for Poll
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 21:48:38 +0100

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application
2. Get rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR with NO annual fee!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9335/9/_/2065/_/969655729/

Hi Stuart

>"What have you been electrocuted by?"

<PEDANT MODE>
Nothing !!

If I had been I wouldnt be here today!
</PEDANT MODE>

the things that have given me shocks are too numerous to mention but one of
the worst was when I was 12. I wanted to re-route the mainslead on an old
radiogram so I undid the terminals pulled the wires out and removed the
cable. I then pushed the cable through the new hole in the cabinet.

To give you a picture of the scene...I had pulled the radiogram away from
the wall and sat on the floor leaning against the radiator with my feet
outstretched under said radiogram.

Now to reconnect the cable.... twisted the strands of the blue wire
together
and inserted into terminal block....twisted the strands of the green/yellow
wire together and inserted into terminal block... went to twist the strands
of the brown wire which is when I discovered that I had forgotten to unplug
the other end !!!

Leaning on a metal radiator and touching a live wire is NOT recommended !!!

I am still puzzled as to how I removed the cable and re-routed it without
getting a shock of the bare wires touching and blowing a fuse.

Perhaps that is why I am highly charged !!!

Keith