RE: Idea for Poll

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Idea for Poll
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <jtankard@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 17:07:48 +0100

Install today:
http://click.egroups.com/1/6347/9/_/2065/_/969638899/

> >"What have you been electrocuted by?"
>
> Hehehehe,
>
> >1) PC

Rack mounted Z80 based micro, whilst teaching a class of 20 under
graduates,
tried to insert a IO card into the rack of a students workstation (student
had confirmed power off), put my hand inside next to the PSU to guide it
into the back plate...whack.. withdrew had scraping it on the back of the
IO
card, lots of blood shouting F#@*%$g H*£%

Never trust a student with power !

> >2) White Goods (washing machine, fridge etc)

Washing machine of neighbour's in a flooded cellar, trying to pump it for
her. my last words, "you have switched the power off", her words
"er
yes"...whack... her words "except the washing machine.

Never trust a g### with power !

> >3) Mains fittings (lightswitch, plug socket, light socket)

Reducing the length of a cable for a appliance, cut though with uninsulated
clippers...whack.. two minuets later striping a second cable was going to
use my teeth, wife said "don't do that you might damage your
teeth", used
pen knife instead...whack...

Never trust yourself with power !

Have a good weeknd all