RE: Live 2000 review

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Live 2000 review
  • From: Colin Bradford <colin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 10:06:45 +0100 (BST)

http://click.egroups.com/1/9183/9/_/2065/_/969700013/

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Paul Gordon wrote:

> Keith? wrote :-
> >I usually visit PLASA (Professional Light and Sound Association)
at Earls
> >Court at the beginning of September but was unable to go this
year. Thats
> >where the big boys toys are.

[snip]

> Is this a trade only show Keith? - I've never heard of it before - it
isn't
> advertised to the public is it?

It's not trade only - but it's only advertised in trade magazines.
www.plasa.org.uk will get you the details. This years show lived up to
the normal expectations - several excellent lighting shows (Clay Paky
was the best, IMHO) - and lots of new toys. Some stuff of interest to
home automation - people like Mode lighting do architectural lighting
systems, for hotels etc, and have nice pushbutton control panels and
hidden dimmer systems. I'm thinking about installing some of this - it's
all based on 0-10v control systems.

Several manufacturers also have multizone amplifers, which might be
useful for whole house audio. There's also people like Canford Audio,
Studio Spares, AC Lighting etc, who supply all the useful
connectors/cable/cable glands/widgets that you need if you're going to
route audio and video about the house.

However, remember professional equipment means professional
prices.......

Cheers,

Colin.

--
Colin Bradford, Forrester Research
Charlotte House, 9-14 Windmill Street, London W1P 1HF UK