Re: RE: (ukha_d) Re-aligning digi dish.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: RE: (ukha_d) Re-aligning digi dish.
  • From: Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:57:11 +0100

Spend your money on the things you enjoy=85NOT your bills.
Join beMANY! get LOW rates on your long distance TODAY.=20=20
Click for details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6840/9/_/2065/_/969379452/

After reading a few posts on websites, I've arranged for a friend to bring=
=20
his Digibox over tonight, to test it.

It's under 12 months old, so surely the box is still under warranty?

Unless the wind has blown it, the dish hasn't moved, I have been moving
the=
=20
box recently, but the cable looks to be OK, and I've done the power off-on=
=20
trick, not sure about static being the problem, more like the OS needing a=
=20
reboot. It's not WinCE is it :-)

At 14:52 19/09/00 +0100, you wrote:

>I had exactly the same problem a month ago (see previous posting).
The=20
>wally at
>the 'help'line swore that the dish must have moved, but quite clearly
it=20
>hadn't.
>Eventually I spoke to engineering, who went through a few checks before
>determining that there's a problem with the box.  If it's an Amstrad
box,=
=20
>it'll
>cost you =A3160 to get fixed, regardless of fault or repair company
(they=
=20
>all get
>sent to Amstrad).  Check the following:
>
>1. Has the dish moved?
>2. Is the wiring in the co-ax box OK (if you have one)?
>3. power the whole lot off, remove the plug from the socket, count to
30,
>replace it, wait another 2 mins, then restore power.  Apparently
this=20
>dissipates
>any static on the board.
>
>I didn't have any signal strength or quality, so hopefully yours is not
as
>serious.  If there's another house near you with a dish, check it's
positi=
on
>against your own.
>
>Pete

with a ver=
>large number of typewriters, would eventually reproduce the great works
of
>mankind. It would appear that the internet is well on its way to
proving t=
hat
>wrong." - Anonymous
>

>.

Stuart Grimshaw
Schoolsnet Ltd                         Special
t: 07976 625221                        Projects
e: sg@xxxxxxx                   Developer
f: 0870 7060260
www.schoolsnet.com
"It has been claimed that a very large number of monkeys, armed with a
very=
=20
large number of typewriters, would eventually reproduce the great works of=
=20
mankind. It would appear that the internet is well on its way to proving=20
that wrong." - Anonymous