RE: (ukha_d) Re-aligning digi dish.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: (ukha_d) Re-aligning digi dish.
  • From: peter.white@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:52:17 +0100

Install today:
http://click.egroups.com/1/6347/9/_/2065/_/969371981/

I had exactly the same problem a month ago (see previous posting).  The
wal=
ly at
the 'help'line swore that the dish must have moved, but quite clearly it
ha=
dn't.
Eventually I spoke to engineering, who went through a few checks before
determining that there's a problem with the box.  If it's an Amstrad box,
i=
t'll
cost you =A3160 to get fixed, regardless of fault or repair company (they
a=
ll get
sent to Amstrad).  Check the following:

1. Has the dish moved?
2. Is the wiring in the co-ax box OK (if you have one)?
3. power the whole lot off, remove the plug from the socket, count to 30,
replace it, wait another 2 mins, then restore power.  Apparently this
dissi=
pates
any static on the board.

I didn't have any signal strength or quality, so hopefully yours is not as
serious.  If there's another house near you with a dish, check it's
positio=
against your own.

Pete