Re: Plunge time !

Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7872/9/_/2065/_/968060439/

> Here is my first question, I will have at least 2 computers on the LAN
> turned on 24/7, is there any point in me getting the stand alone
Homevison,
> or should I just go for the cheaper PC controlled one.

I have only ever heard from one person who bought the PC version and from
memory they wished they had bough the stand-alone.  HomeVision is
ultra-stable and it's well worth having a central controller that does rely
on a PC.

> Next question, where is the best place(s) for the Homevision and
Comfort
CPU
> to be located. The racking in the office would be neatest, but will I
need
> access to the items from elsewhere. For example would it make more
sense
for
> the Homevision to be based in the home cinema area and would it make
sense
> for the Comfort CPU to be based near the front door (it being more
security
> based).

In my old house HomeVision was in my AV rack for easy control of my gear.
In the new house it's in a dedicated "Node Zero" along with
Comfort, Vehicle
sensors, TV and CCTV distribution, Hub, Patch Panel, PC, Home Highway etc.

Bear in mind the phones have to go into Comfort before anything else.

> Final question (for now), I am totally committed to Keiths modules and
am
> willing to wait, is there any reason to put any coax cable to the
rooms
and
> if so where is the best place for it's origin.

Coax is required for all you TV needs!

M.