Plunge time !

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Plunge time !
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 22:25:28 +0100

Open the door to endless possibilities for your home!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7726/9/_/2065/_/968058671/

I have completed my wiring diagrams and now am ready to start on the major
smart home project. I will flood the house with CAT 5, 88 ports in all, all
terminating in a 19" rack in the home office. I am in the middle of
working
out the full Comfort system order and from the discussions on Comfort vs
Homevision, I am pretty sure I will be ordering Homevision too.

Here is my first question, I will have at least 2 computers on the LAN
turned on 24/7, is there any point in me getting the stand alone Homevison,
or should I just go for the cheaper PC controlled one.

Next question, where is the best place(s) for the Homevision and Comfort
CPU
to be located. The racking in the office would be neatest, but will I need
access to the items from elsewhere. For example would it make more sense
for
the Homevision to be based in the home cinema area and would it make sense
for the Comfort CPU to be based near the front door (it being more security
based).

Final question (for now), I am totally committed to Keiths modules and I am
willing to wait, is there any reason to put any coax cable to the rooms and
if so where is the best place for it's origin.

Thats all for now

Regards

Graham