Re: Plunge time !

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Plunge time !
  • From: Nigel Orr <Nigel.Orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 10:33:28 +0100

Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7872/9/_/2065/_/968059973/

At 22:25 03/09/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Next question, where is the best place(s) for the Homevision and
Comfort CPU
>to be located.

The location of Comfort's CPU doesn't matter to Comfort- it's just a metal
box with lots of wires coming out of it.  If I were you, I'd put it in a
non-obvious location (it will sound an alarm if someone goes at it with a
sledgehammer, but you don't want them chopping your carefully laid cables
if you can avoid it!) where it's easy to get access to cable routes round
the house.

Then run a keypad cable to where you want to control it.  In my case,
that's right by one door, because I normally control it by phone and
there's no need for a phone by that door.  Others might just choose a
central location.

>for the Comfort CPU to be based near the front door (it being more
security
>based).

Definitely wouldn't put the CPU by the door.

And run plenty of extra spare cables!  Not just 'cables for things that I
plan to put in in 2-3 years', but 'cables I can see no need for at all'...
repeat after me "Cable is cheap but takes some time to lay"...
then "it's
as easy to run 10 as it is to run 8".  Keep repeating that as you
work... :-)

Nigel