Re: Tandy - goodbye you've been handy......

----- Original Message -----
From: Campbell <c.macd@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2000 10:01 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] Tandy - goodbye you've been handy......

>As most are aware Tandy is shutting down a number of outlets since
their
takeover. The >remaining stores will be selling mainstream items.....

>Whilst having a nice break in St Annes I went into the Tandy and bought
number of scart ?>components at reduced prices e.g. scart to audi and 25
pin
D connector with cables £0.95, so >good I bought the last three. The
manager
said components not on the mainstream lists are >being sold cheap. May
be
worth checking out..

My local Tandy shut down about 8 months ago :(  Its now a carphone
warehouse.

Tandys went from bad to worse the same as maplins, they used to stock items
to componant level, but as time went on componants disappeared and they
just
sold cables and ready made leads and a suprising number of remote control
cars ?

Robert Crawshaw                 http://www.golcar.demon.co.uk
Member of HAUG (Huddersfield Amiga User Group)

The release of Windows 2000 has been put back to the first quarter of 1901

we work for a company that has global reach yet can't scratch it's own arse

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/9/_/2065/_/972489804/