Re: Comfort Keypads

At 20:36 18/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
>I think I read on the Comfort website that certain DECT phones aren't
>too good with Comfort.

I believe some have too long delays when they grab the line, so Comfort
has=
=20
stopped listening by the time you press '*'

>Out of interest which one do you use and does it work 100% with
>Comfort?

Binatone 3100 DECT, seemed to be widely reviewed as the best of the
cheap=20
phones, =A3100 in Argos/Index for a base station with handset + extra
hands=
et=20
and charger.  Works 100% with Comfort, only thing it would be 'nice to=20
have' is a way of clearing the memory so it's not possible to scroll
back=20
and see the access code.

I can't imagine that would be a very likely thing, and it redials too fast=
=20
for Comfort to grab (so you'd have to remember the code and redial it=20
manually), but you could set up another user with no security rights, just=
=20
home control, and use that for phones with displays.

Nigel

Get FREE long-distance phone calls on Tellme!
Dial 1-800-555-TELL, say "Phone Booth"
http://click.egroups.com/1/9816/9/_/2065/_/971942486/