Re: Comfort Keypads

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Comfort Keypads
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:42:01 +0100

At 12:51 18/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
>The comfort
>keypads appear quite ugly.

Maybe it'd be worth your while to see one 'in the flesh'- others that have
them (including me!) don't seem to mind them, so it may just be the photos
that are unflattering?  I'm not saying they're aesthetically perfect
(though they're a lot better than anything I would have come up with), but
after the first week, I never even notice it's there unless there's a light
flashing...

It's good to hear there are plans for alternative controllers, though I
tend to use my DECT phone more often than anything else to control Comfort
at the minute, with the keypad usually just for programming and arm/disarm
when I use the door it is closest to.

Remember that it doesn't have to be in a particularly visible location (and
there are probably slight security advantages for it _not_ being too
obvious)- as far as I can see, you only 'have' to use the keypad if the
system is in alarm and you don't have access to a phone that Comfort will
dial out to, so you could just find a nice phone and put it where you want
to control Comfort, then keep the keypad out of sight in a convenient
cupboard, where you can use it easily if the need arises.

As ever, if you run appropriate cables, you can always replace the phone
with whatever new keypad options Comfort comes out with (and the ideas
floating around do sound nice!) at a later date.

Nigel

No bidding, no
guesswork.  Just
great fares at Hotwire.