Re: Baby phone switches

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Baby phone switches
  • From: "John P McManus" <john.mcmanus@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 08:03:56 -0000

I have Business Highway and ISDN2e.  Initially I used a Cybergear
Gold (small PBX with one incoming ISDN connection (ISDN2/HH/BH) and 6
extensions.

When I started working from home more seriously, I upgraded this to
an Argent Office (2 incoming ISDN circuits (4 channels) and 16
extensions).

On the ISDN2e I have MSN (multiple subscriber numbering) with a block
of 10 numbers (01xxx xx4 000 - 01xxx xx4 009).  You can select which
of the 10 CLI you release for outgoing calls.  You can park &
transfer calls internally, set up hunt groups, time of day routing
etc.

My 4 year old can dial '00' to get hold of me in the study, garage
etc.

Extensions can  be configured to be permanently 'off hook', so you
can call a phone that has hands free button already pressed and be
connected.  When you clear the call the hands free phone is connected
to silence (rather than dial tone).

Data side is also pretty good - does dynamic connection to internet,
select different profiles based on time of day etc.  Inbound calls
can cause a screen pop on your local PC (connected via a LAN to the
Cybergear Gold).

Restaurants, Movies, Weather, Traffic & More!
Access Tellme from any phone.  For more info visit:
http://click.egroups.com/1/9534/9/_/2065/_/971597037/