[OT] Sky digital installation questions.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: [OT] Sky digital installation questions.
  • From: nick.broughton@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 07:56:52 +0000

The man's coming to upgrade me to digital next Monday.

SWMBO wants to use it to send email, is it worth getting the keyboard?
Can the keyboard function as a remote to control the receiver?  Can it
learn?  Or should I just teach her to use the PC (upstairs until I get
the network installed)?

I planned on keeping my old dish/receiver installed for the free to
'air' channels (while they last) I also figured that the extra cabling
would come in handy!  Yesterday, when reading about the Tivo box and
the twin LNB I decided I really needed to do this.  However I read the
small print and it seems you have to pay an extra 40 quid to do this.
Anybody persuaded an installer otherwise?, it does seem unfair that as
an existing customer I pay the same price as Joe Bloggs and he gets
cabling done as well.

Regards

Nick

Tellme Sports. Tellme Stocks. Tellme News. Just Tellme.
http://click.egroups.com/1/9530/9/_/2065/_/971164888/