Re: [OT] Sky digital installation questions.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [OT] Sky digital installation questions.
  • From: "Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 09:13:45 +0100

> SWMBO wants to use it to send email, is it worth getting the keyboard?

The whole experience is SOOOOOOO slow it's not true!  It's for people who
don't have a PC.  You will get so frustrated with the lack of speed that
you'll never use it.

> Can the keyboard function as a remote to control the receiver?

Yes.

> Can it learn?

No.

> Or should I just teach her to use the PC (upstairs until I get
> the network installed)?

YES!! :-)

> I planned on keeping my old dish/receiver installed for the free to
> 'air' channels (while they last) I also figured that the extra cabling
> would come in handy!  Yesterday, when reading about the Tivo box and
> the twin LNB I decided I really needed to do this.  However I read the
> small print and it seems you have to pay an extra 40 quid to do this.
> Anybody persuaded an installer otherwise?, it does seem unfair that as
> an existing customer I pay the same price as Joe Bloggs and he gets
> cabling done as well.

If you're thinking they are going to use your existing analogue cable then
they won't.  They should run a new CT100.  Be aware that they will do this
in the quickest, ugliest way they can.  Over the roof etc, drill hole in
window frame.  You get the picture.

M.

Get a NextCard Visa with rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR!
1.  Fill in the brief application
2.  Get approval decisions in 30 seconds!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9334/9/_/2065/_/971165631/